TSCRA Special Ranger Silent Auction
The Cattle Raisers Convention and Special Ranger Silent Auction are approaching rapidly. We need your participation to reach our $300,000 goal to improve our communication capabilities.
In January, the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA) special rangers met at the headquarters office in Fort Worth for training and to issue new equipment. The professionalism and enthusiasm of these men fuel my dedication to provide them with a platform for safety and success. We have formed a Special Ranger team to build trauma packs for each special ranger, with life-saving emergency management equipment and crime scene kits for better evidence collection and court preparation.
Watch for the Silent Auction Pro link to set up your silent auction account. This link will be delivered through email or available on the TSCRA website in early March. Your account will include access to the online catalog. You can begin placing bids on March 22 — enter your maximum bid and you will stay on top with notification of every bid. We encourage you to share our silent auction link to help us reach our goal. Remember, you can place a bid from your phone or computer, no matter where you are.
A stunning surprise was a call from a member in District 7 of West Texas, who vowed to help raise the $9,000 needed to fund the radio for Dean Bohannon, his special ranger. This member stated his desire to accomplish his goal and then challenged every TSCRA district in Texas to match that goal for their local special ranger. Shortly after the challenge was issued, District 18 answered the call, committing to fund Clay McKinney’s radio for District 18 in West Texas and re-issuing the challenge to the remaining districts.
Our appreciation is hard to verbalize. Special rangers and their families risk safety and family time daily, at no financial burden to any state, county, or municipal entity. Your support as members of TSCRA continues to encourage us in our work to honor and protect the ranching way of life.
We look forward to seeing you at Convention, and remember to watch for your Silent Auction Pro link.
- Simple setup on your phone, tablet or computer
- View entire catalog from your phone or device
- Enter proxy bid – so you can always be high bidder
- Enter payment information for immediate notification and close out.
- View current bid status anytime
Your support for our goal can take any shape, from cash donations to auction items, to the generous purchase of these donations. TSCRA special rangers have already been blessed with cash support and several superior auction items, including:
- Colt Defender Series 90 lightweight – 45ACP – Donated by Brady Whitaker with custom engraved silver grips and magazine plate donated by Lopez engraving.
- Ewel Customs 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle– Tikka T3X action – Bartlein 3b barrel 1:8 twist – Manners EH5A custom stock in Gap Camo with CDI bottom metal for AICS magazines. This rifle is topped off with Leupold 3x15x44 Varix 5HD scope with CDS custom dial system. Donated by Ewel Customs of Seymour, 6666 Ranch, Pitchfork Ranch, Spade Ranch and Swenson Ranch.
- King Ranch Two-day, Two-Person Guided Whitetail Hunt – Two-day, two-person guided hunt! Each hunter can harvest one management Whitetail (Under 140) and one Nilgai bull or cow. Donated by the King Ranch.
- W.T. Waggoner Ranch Three-Day All-Inclusive Whitetail Hunt – All-inclusive three-day hunt (under 170 inch) includes hogs, ducks, and geese. This is the first offering to hunt the Waggoner Ranch, Vernon, which has not offered public hunting in its history. Donated by the W.T. Waggoner Ranch.
- Harmel Ranch Three-day, Two Person Whitetail Hunt – Three-day, two-person Whitetail hunt, Seymour – next to the W.T. Waggoner Estate – Amazing opportunity, each person gets one buck with NO inch limits, two does and hogs! Donated by Bill and Susan Harmel.
- Big Bend Half-top Stock Trailer – 16’ x 6’. Donated by Big Bend Trailers, Hargrove Insurance and Ag Innovations.
- RS Deer and Cattle Ranch Once-in-a-Lifetime One-Day Trophy Hunt – Once-in-a-lifetime Whitetail hunt! Trophy 200-inch plus! High fence, 1 day, meals and lodging provided, valued at $18,000. Donated by the RS Deer and Cattle Ranch in Hempstead, Texas. Don’t let this deer get away – view their genetics and the ranch at www.rsdeerranch.com.