Cattle Raisers Convention Internship
The 2020 Cattle Raisers Convention Internship is a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry. This experience will build communication and networking skills and allow you to see the processes of hosting an event for one of the largest agriculture trade associations in Texas.
Lodging and parking will be paid for by TSCRA. Meals will be offered to interns at no cost and will include breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each student will be provided a $50 travel credit and one TSCRA shirt per day for the duration of the Convention. Each student will be invited to attend all convention functions/events including Saturday night’s dinner and dance, at no charge.
• Help TSCRA staff with a variety of meetings and events at the convention and expo. TSCRA staff will direct students in specific duties at meetings and events.
• This internship will include a wide range of responsibilities, including registering attendees, setting up meeting and event space, overseeing committee meeting sign-in, working the Expo and evening events and other general duties as required.
• Assist in answering questions and meeting the needs of attendees during the event.
• Minimum Junior-level college student at an accredited university at time of application
• Must be available to work March 26-28, 2020, in Fort Worth, Texas
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Background in the agriculture industry highly desirable
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
Please submit the following via email (Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word):
• Cover letter and resume
• College transcript
The 2020 Convention Internship Application is due Jan. 31, 2020.
Submit applications via email to:
Gabby Harris, Manager of Member Programs & Events
Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
1301 W. Seventh St., Suite 201
Fort Worth, TX 76102